This one day brewing training course is designed to introduce the novice into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee. The course will look into the Gold Cup Standards of brewed coffee, the differences between Immersion and Percolation brewers as well as the range of filtration methods available. Successful completion of the practical and written exams for this course earns points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
Key Topics of Learning:
- Understand the concept behind various manual brewing devices
- Understand the concept of under- and over-extraction
- Learn to use both the brewing control chart and the cupping form to objectively measure brewed coffee
- Conduct experiments manipulating principles of brewing's best practices
- Explore different flavours of coffee in the brewing process
Course fee is inclusive of:
SCA examination and certificate worth €70
A light lunch on each training day
- 01 Jan 2020
- 15 Jan 2020
- 08 Mar 2020
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a bundle pricing if you would like to sign up for 2 or more classes !