The Coffee Skills Program consists of six different modules: Introduction to Coffee, which is available at one level, and five specialist modules; Barista Skills, Brewing, Green Coffee, Roasting and Sensory Skills,
Each of the specialist modules is available at three different levels, with points attached at every stage. You may choose the modules that fit your interests and needs. Once you have achieved 100 points, you will be awarded the SCA Coffee Skills Diploma.
This three-day professional course is aimed at those baristas with considerable experience and who have successfully completed the SCA Barista Skills (Intermediate). It is also recommended that participants have completed the SCA Sensory and Brewing courses (Intermediate level).
Key topics of learning:
- Chemical composition (acids, lipids)
- Grinding – particle analysis
- Extraction, recipe calculation (i.e. EBF, ratios)
- Temperature and pressure
- Refractometer calculations
- Understanding milk – processing and chemistry
- Improving latte art
- Recipe creation for multiple coffees
- Equipment maintenance (incl. burrs, group seals and filtration systems)
- Creating an efficient workspace and customer service
- Cafe cost calculation, accounting and financial management
- Hygiene, and health and safety legislation and compliance
- SCA members enjoy members' rate on examination & certification
- Sign-ups must ensure that they have completed the intermediate level for at least 3 months
A light lunch will be provided on each training day
- 13-15 Mar 2020
- 18-20 Apr 2020
Reach out to us at email@example.com for a bundle pricing if you would like to sign up for 2 or more classes !