The SCA Barista Skills Professional is tailored for learners who are intending to pursue a serious career in the specialty coffee industry. Upon completing this course with a recommendation from the trainer, the learner is allowed to apply for the Train-the-Trainers program organized by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
This 3-day course is not for the fainted hearted. Learners need to demonstrate substantial knowledge, skills & experience acquired from the intermediate level, as well as his/her workplace in order to succeed in this course. A minimum prerequisite of SCA Barista Skills Intermediate is required prior to signing up for this course.
Key topics of learning:
- Chemical composition (acids, lipids)
- Grinding – grinder analysis
- Extraction, recipe calculation (i.e. EBF, ratios)
- Temperature and pressure
- Refractometer calculations
- Understanding milk – processing and chemistry
- Improving latte art
- Recipe creation for multiple coffees
- Equipment maintenance (incl. burrs, group seals and filtration systems)
- Creating an efficient workspace and customer service
- Cafe cost calculation, accounting and financial management
- Hygiene, and health and safety legislation and compliance
- SCA members enjoy members' rate on examination & certification
- Pricing is inclusive of one (1) time examination & certification fees
- Sign-ups must ensure that they have completed the intermediate level for at least 3 months
A light lunch will be provided on each training day
Reach out to us at email@example.com for a bundle pricing if you would like to sign up for 2 or more classes !